Empowering rural youth through
innovation and entrepreneurship
WHAT IS THIS PROJECT ABOUT?
Through the exchange of good practices between ES, PT and IT, Rural Creative Labs aims to increase the sense of initiative and entrepreneurship mindset in young adult population living in rural areas by investing in new digital and creative/artistic tools, the capacity building of adult facilitators and creating transnational opportunities for learners at European level. Giving the tools and conditions for young adults to (re)invite themselves and their rural communities, we want to contribute to the fight against depopulation and personal and professional fulfillment.
01. Promote the exchange of good practices and methodologies among NGOs / entrepreneurship / digital learning centers and other local entities from 3 EU countries.
02. Design quality transnational training and networking opportunities to empower young adultsand educators living in rural areas
03. Increase soft skills, entrepreneurship and digital competence in rural young adults and educators population at local/global level.
04. Contribute to the sense of belonging as European Citizens and motivate participants to learnmore about the EU, creating an European Network.
05. Invest in the capacity building of adult facilitators promoting high-quality work andinnovative methods of reaching out to rural youth.
WHY THIS PROJECT?
Only 28% of Europeans live in rural regions and in 2050 rural zones are planned to have 8 million fewer inhabitants. The benefits of enjoying lower living costs, more space, less pollution and a better quality of life are outweighed by several dramatic structural problems: fewer job opportunities, lack of infrastructure and transport network, degradation of basic public services, absence of digitization, upskilling, high quality learning opportunities and entertainment/cultural offering, and so on. Making it hard to retain young adults and families in rural areas.
TOOLKIT “RURAL CREATIVE LABS”
EXCHANGE OF GOOD PRACTICES
LOCAL BOOTCAMPS IN 3 COUNTRIES
TRANSNATIONAL MOBILITY OF LEARNERS
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them. Project n°: 2022-2-PT01-KA210-ADU-000094409